It is always good common sense to keep the following safety tips in mind when traveling:
- Always lock your front and/or patio doors – when in the room and when leaving. Use the safety chain/lock for security.
- Never open your room door unless you know who is there. If you did not call for hotel service offered by the person at the door, call hotel security or the front desk to see if they have sent someone to your room.
- Place valuables in a safety deposit box in your room or at the hotel office.
- When checking into a hotel, consult the floor plan map on the back of your room door to familiarize yourself with fire and emergency exits.
- When driving, keep all car doors locked.