Here are some of the best World Markets to visit:
- San Francisco | Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market– Waterfront location. 80 Bay Area purveyors on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. 1 Ferry Bldg., The Embarcadero; 415/983-8030; www.ferrybuildingmarketplace.com
- London | Borough Market – Stalls, pubs, shops, and small restaurants. Come early on Thursday or Friday and avoid the Saturday crowds. 8 South-wark St.; 44-20/7407-1002; www.boroughmarket.org.uk.
- Madrid | Mercado de San Miguel– In a 1916 Beaux-Arts building, San Miguel market stood abandoned for years—until renovated in 2009. Plaza de San Miguel; www.mercadodesanmiguel.es
- Paris | Marche des Enfants Rouges– Petite marche in the Marais (one of the oldest in Paris) is the spot for an affordable meal. 39 Rue de Bretagne, Third Arr.
- Palermo, Italy | La Vucciria– Palermo’s labyrinth of narrow passageways piled with produce. Between Corso Vittorio Emanuele and Piazza San Domenico.
- Istanbul | Grand Bazaar (Kapali Carsi) – Istanbul’s 15th-century bazaar with more than 4,000 shops spread out over 65 covered streets. Between Nuruosmaniye, Mercan, and Beyazit; 90-212/519-1248; www.kapalicarsi.org.tr
- Mexico City | Mercado de la Merced – Spans several city blocks and has more than 3,000 vendors from across Mexico. Anillo de Circunvalacion between GeneralAnaya and Adolfo Gurrion; 52-55/5522-7250.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil | Mercado Municipal Paulistano– 1930’s market known for its cathedral-worthy stained-glass dioramas. 306 Rua da Cantareira; 55-11/3313-3365; www.mercadomunicipal.com.br
- Melbourne | Queen Victoria Market – Open since 1878, “Queen Vic” is an over-l,000-stall melting pot. 513 Elizabeth St.; 61-3/9320-5822; www.qvm.com.au
- Singapore | Tiong Bahru Market –Circular 1950’s building, with second-floor hawker center with more than 80 food stalls. 30 SengPoh Rd.
Stay at cheap hostels and youth hostels in order to save money on your trip. It is more fun to stay at these budget hostels as they are affordable and are convenient. These are best suitable for backpackers and provide them with the basic necessities so that their stay is comfortable. If you are traveling to London and wish to know about the cheap hostels or youth hostels there, then you can take help from www.hosteltraveler.com. Through this website you can not only get a list of different budget hostels but can also book your lodging. In other words it allows you to make online reservation that can save you a lot of time and money.
The website is very popular with backpackers and travelers who book their cheap hostels or budget hostels through it. You can also book your budget hostels in London through hosteltraveler.com. All you need to do is to log on to the website and select the region you would be traveling to. A list of hostels and other types of accommodation would be provided to you and you can sort through it on the basis of price, class and rating. You can book budget hostels that best suits your requirement and hence save your time and money.
The beauty of London is breathtaking and far beyond words. Every time I am in the city I find something new to explore. The sheer variety of life in London is overwhelming, and the energy buzz is contagious. But London is as expensive as it is beautiful. Sightseeing can be quite pricey out here. You obviously won €™t want to miss out on some of the breathtaking sights just to save on your money, so why not cut down your costs by booking one of the incredibly cheap hostels in the city.
These cheap hostels provide you accommodation at prices that are down-to-earth allowing you to save more and giving you the chance to see more of the panoramic city. And mind you these cheap hostels are cheap only in terms of the cost. Otherwise these hostels are as comfortable as any hotel and much in competence with the luxury accommodations that you can find in the city. Other than offering you an inexpensive sojourn, these cheap hostels also offer you a variety of other facilities like a guided tour to the town, live music and dance performances, barbecues, and curious games too. Now, you obviously will not find all this fun and frolic in the highbrow hotels.
After having been to both the high-end five stars and these cheap hostels too, I can say with certainty that these cheap hostels have their own charm. To know more, feel free to log on to www.hosteltraveler.com