Here are the latest updates from Hondo Hondo (Udzungwa Forest Tented Camp). Located in the little-visited Kilombero Valley in Southern Tanzania, and bordering the biologically diverse Udzungwa Mountains National Park, Hondo Hondo provides a high standard of visitor accommodation and access to the hiking, primate-spotting and birdwatching in the rainforest, mountains and valley.
- SIX ensuite tented rooms, each with a newly completed stone floored outdoor bathroom, solar heated showers and comfortable, locally sourced coconut wood furniture
- FLIGHTS to Udzungwa available from starting June 2012
- The new Canopy Bar, situated in a beautiful clearing on the edge of the rainforest, looking out at the rainforest canopy and providing a wonderful place to have a sundowner and watch the colobus monkeys and hornbills in the trees
- 5 comfortable thatched huts, each well equipped with comfortable beds and mosquito netting and with shared access to solar heated showers and western style bathrooms
- Campsite area, offering simple cooking and barbeque facilities and with western style bathrooms and solar heated showers.
- Hiking, waterfall swimming, cycling, village walks, school visits, rubber plantation tours, canoeing on Kilombero River, kayaking on Msolwa river, birdwatching, primate spotting, camping in the rainforest…..
- Eco-certified with The International Ecotourism Society; member of Stuff your Rucksack and Pack for a Purpose
- See reviews from our guests on TripAdvisor
Information for Tour Operators including sample itineraries available on our Tours-Ops page